1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Setting Up Rel Q100e With Pioneer D2011

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by The Sheriff, Apr 5, 2003.

Tags:
  1. The Sheriff

The Sheriff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Just got a new Pioneer D2011 and a second hand Q100e but need help setting them up. I don't really know where to start, whether to set the sub up first (and how to do this effectively) or to run the auto calibration thing on the amp first with all the speakers connected, and sort the sub out after...Help!

2. HotblackDesiato

HotblackDesiato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    The sub needs to be connected during the auto-set up as this will sort out the levels, and the subs delay setting.
    It's all covered in the manual though i ignored its advice on volume/gain setting and instead left this where i had it set for my last amp, threshold to max or out as appropriate.

3. jhjerpe

jhjerpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I have a Q200E with a 2011 and did a quick a dirty set-up following the instructions on the REL web site (www.rel.net), then I ran the auto-setup and went back to the REL set-up instructions to fine tune it.

Have you got the Q100E hooked up using the sub out on the 2011 as well as the Hi-level going into your front Left and Right?

4. The Sheriff

The Sheriff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Only got it hooked up with the sub out, i turned both the volume and the crossover all the way up and ran the auto calibration setup but the sub didn't give much response?

5. HotblackDesiato

HotblackDesiato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    That might be the "correct" result...for me at least a sub shouldn't really say "hey listen to the bass i produce" ...but if turned off while listening to something it should be immediately obvious it isn't there... not sure that makes any sense now i read i back.

If you've an SPL... for reference, i found the auto set-up put my sub (CHT-15) around 3dB above the rest of the speakers.

Of course if you like a bit more bang just tweak the setting in the manual set-up.

6. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    Full volume on a Q100 should be way too loud and full of distortion as well. I have never had any of my REL subs even near half way.

Crossover to max is correct so that the amp handles the crossover but make sure that you haven't set it to minimum by mistake as that could account for the lack of output.

7. The Sheriff

The Sheriff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
  8. paulefox

paulefox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I have reset my amp as initailly when I did the auto set up I put both on fulll , I found that it was far too loud . I looked at the channel levels and saw that it had set the sub at -10 which is the lowest it can set it on the amp. I therefore turned it down on the sub to about a third and did it again this time it set it at -4 so the volume was within range for it to do it properly. It now sounds great.
    Hope thsi makes sense