Help setting up rega p1

micks_address

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I took delivery of a rega p1 with performance pack fitted. I’ve set it up and connected to the phono input on my marantz nr1200 but the sound is weird. It’s like there’s distortion or something. The cartridge is brand new and the record I’m playing is brand new and anyhow is sound same with another one I tried.

I uploaded a clip to YouTube here

Any suggestions on what could be wrong? I was thinking maybe I need a phono amp but I’m pretty sure there is one built into the marantz
Cheers,
Mick

The P1 Performance pack has, I believe, a phono amp built in so you don’t connect it to the “phono” input. Just connect it to an auxiliary input and try that.

Tried that and it didn’t work at all. Put back on phono and moved the counter weight back slightly

Think I’m sorted now

I don’t think it was the weight as moved back to original position and sounds fine. When I had in sat/cbl input I did change some settings in input assign. Can’t remember exactly

Hard to tell but that sounds like it’s in the wrong input. Which one are you using?

it seems to have sorted itself out now anyway. I am using phono input on the marantz.. switched to another stereo input and got nothing.. changed an input assign in the menus and put back on phono and it was working as expected..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom