1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help setting up my Pany E75

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by discs_r_us, Dec 20, 2004.

1. discs_r_us

discs_r_us

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all.
    I was hoping someone can help me.

I have just recently bought a Panasonic E75 from ebay.
    The price of £90 + £15 postage was too good to miss!!

Anyway, its came in its box but without any instruction manuals and I can;t for the life of me know how to set it up.

My TV has 2 scart sockets.
    I have 2 satellite receivers & the Panasonic to connect to the tv.

I have Sky running through the RF and my other satellite receiver running through Scart 1 which leaves the Panasonic plugged into Scart 2.

I have no problems watching either DVD or VHS on it but when it comes to copying, I think something is missing. The recorder tries to autosetup but no channels are picked up.

I'm not too bothered having the recorder linked directly to any of the satellite receivers. Can I just copy from any of the TV channels, i.e. Sky is channel 6, AV1 is my other satellite receiver and AV2 is the DVD Recorder.

I have a digital camcorder which I can play throught the RGB on the TV. I want to be able to copy that to DVD.

If I've left anything out, please don't hesitate to post below.

Can anyone help? Thinks its just a matter of arranging the scart cables etc to the right sockets.

Cheers

2. discs_r_us

discs_r_us

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No replies yet :eek:

Surely all you experts with dvd recorders could tell me how to connect this up properly?

:lease:

3. bailda

bailda
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  4. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +247
    Not familiar with the E75 but would guess it's very similar to the current Panasonics with two scart connectors.
    If it is having problems tuning in, make sure the television aerial is connected through the E75 on its way to the television.

The best way to connect any DVD machine is generally an RGB scart so assuming the television AV1 is RGB capable I would connect...

E75 AV1 scart to Television AV1 (or the tv scart you prefer :) ).

E75 AV2 scart to Sky digibox AV1 (labelled "TV")

With this basic setup you should be able to record the five terrestrial channels using the E75 internal tuner.
    By pressing the input select button on the E75 remote until it displays AV2 you should be able to see and record from the Sky digibox.

The digibox should also be viewable even when the E75 is in standby.

Hope this is of some use to at least get started.

5. discs_r_us

discs_r_us

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, thank you, John.

I have now been able to store all the channels through the Panasonic.
    Now, when I put in the blank media and tried to copy a test from ITV, it comes up with the error message - The TV set is unable to complete this function or the power is off - Does this mean by TV isn't compatible with the recorder or does it sound like I havent got anything set correctly?

The TV is a Philips 28" normal sized TV. (not widescreen)

6. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +247
    I actually haven't a clue what this means but I assume it is a message from the DVD recorder itself. :confused:

There should be an option in the E75 menus to restore all settings to Factory Default or words to that effect. I would select this in case something has been changed by the previous owner.
    When you come to do a short test recording keep it simple and just press the record button on the remote.There may be complications with timer recordings.
    For messing around and testing, DVD-RAM is the most reliable media.

7. dempsey

dempsey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like you are using the "direct tv record" button which only works with qlink/smartlink enabled televisions. If you use the normal "record" button it should work

8. discs_r_us

discs_r_us

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Doh!

Thanks Dempsey, I was pressing the wrong rec button.

Now, 1 more question. I have all the channels stored correctly in the recorder and have recorded from channels and my AV1 and 2.

My Digital Camcorder plugs 3 leads into connections on the site of my TV but they won't show up in the stored channels on the recorder. Is there a way round this?

9. dempsey

dempsey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I'm aware it won't daisychain a phono connection from the TV - what you're more likely to have to do is drop the flap to the left hand side on the front of the E75, plug the phono leads from your camcorder in there and select "AV3" as your input.