Help- Setting Up Av receiver and speakers

drsaurabhg

Standard Member
Hi All,

I have Sony STR-DN1030 av receiver with the following speakers:

2 x Acoustic Solutions Powerforce 2000
2 x Acoustic Solutions Powerforce 1000
Yamaha NSP-40 5.1 Speaker system with active sub

Can some one please suggest best setup? The AV receiver is 7.2 system so I am thinking of using 2x Powerforce 2000 as front A speakers, 2 x Powerforce 1000 as Front B, and Yamaha Speakers for center and surround.

I need the best setup for Music.

Thanks.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
What are using the front B speakers for? Are they in a separate room or listening to something else? You really want at least the front 3 to be matching (same make/model). Depending on your room layout you may be better to not have a centre at all than a mismatched one.
Given your speakers I would be tempted to use the 2000 as front L/R, have no centre and then use the 1000 as surround L/R with the Yamaha sub for now (so a 4.1 system).

drsaurabhg

Standard Member
What are using the front B speakers for? Are they in a separate room or listening to something else? You really want at least the front 3 to be matching (same make/model). Depending on your room layout you may be better to not have a centre at all than a mismatched one.
Given your speakers I would be tempted to use the 2000 as front L/R, have no centre and then use the 1000 as surround L/R with the Yamaha sub for now (so a 4.1 system).

Thanks alot for your reply. I am keeping front B in the same room. Do you know which center speaker would match the 2000's ? Can't find any AS center speakers on e*bay. My Living room is about 7m x 4m size. Can you recommend any used front 3 speakers set better than 2000s withing about £200?

Another Question- I also happen to have an Onkyo | TX-SR608 receiver and looking to get rid of one of them shall I keep Sony or Onkyo?

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Both same level of receiver but Sony newer so keep the Sony.
What are you using b speakers for?
Just go without a centre

drsaurabhg

Standard Member
I am using A and B speakers when listening to music in 2.1. As I believe the Front Bs are same as front As so double the sound?

PSM1

Distinguished Member
For music you really only want stereo sound so you get proper imagining so you only want 2 speakers not 4. What do you think 4 speakers gives you more than 2 can? They will be running off the same amp so no more power if you go to 2 speakers or 4 speakers.

drsaurabhg

Standard Member
Thanks for your advice. I now have managed to acquire Mordaunt Mezzo set of speakers. They are pair of 6 as front, 5 as centre, and pair of 2s as surround. I also have MS 308 sub. However I am still not happy with sound. When I play music I like good bass and good treble. however, the treble is lacking. I have played with Equalizer and reduced bass and increased trble to ma but not much luck. I am running the speakers on single wires not bi-wires. Can you suggest any other options or do I need to change my av receiver?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom