Question Help Setting Up 4K TV etc

FlyingAnorak

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All.

Appreciate your advice please - have a Panasonic TX-50EX750B TV which I want to connect to a new Panasonic 4K DVD player, Apple TV, Sky TV and new Yamaha YAS-107 Soundbar.

All of the manuals assume that you only ever want to connect one device to a TV so for example, the Yamaha manual suggests that I connect the output from Sky to the HDMI input on the soundbar and the output from that to the TV. Whilst the TV has four HDMI inputs, it says for 4K input you should use HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 inputs.

I tried connecting the Sky box to the input on the soundbar and then the output from the soundbar to the TV but I then found that the picture and sound was badly out of synch!

I appreciate I have more devices than HDMI ports so I have my Apple TV and Amazon TV routed via an HDMI switch into a single TV HDMI port, but should I put the 4K DVD player into the switch too?

Sorry - appreciate a few different questions here but value any advice.

Cheers

Paul.

Whilst the TV has four HDMI inputs, it says for 4K input you should use HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 inputs.

Are you sure? The AVForums review of the EX750 says all four ports support the same inputs and the Panasonic website seems to back that up.

I tried connecting the Sky box to the input on the soundbar and then the output from the soundbar to the TV but I then found that the picture and sound was badly out of synch!

There's likely a lip sync delay setting in the soundbar's software if you want to do it that way.

I would connect the soundbar to the ARC port (HDMI2) and the other three devices to the other three ports. You may be able to connect a fifth device to the Soundbar's HDMI In.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom