help setting up 3d for my jvc x7 plz

Alexh22

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I've finally bought a emitter and 3d glasses for my x7 but I have a problem! The image keeps flickering when 3d is activr. Plz help me sort this out I'm very frustrated.

Thx

Hi all

I've finally bought a emitter and 3d glasses for my x7 but I have a problem! The image keeps flickering when 3d is activr. Plz help me sort this out I'm very frustrated.

Thx

how do you mean "flickering" turning on and off ? losing colour ? :)

I mean like the picture is fine then suddenly flashes then normal then 20 seconds later same thing.

Hummm , I'm no expert, but it sounds like a dodgy transmitter to me .

are you local to me ? (staffs) if so you could borrow mine and see how you get on ?

Last edited:
it's been flickering even before glasses arrived and also flickers even if the emitter is connected or not

Oh I think I got it. I am actually using a hdmi splitter I'll try removing it

yeah remove the splitter as i doubt it will be 3D compatible compatible :)

Mate I removed the splitter and still same problen. Can the emitter be faulty? Like I said same thing happens even after remove emitter from jvc.

I would guess it could be a cable or source issue. Is it a blu-ray player, satellite box, PC etc.....are there output settings on the source that you can change? Eg, sky tv, set it to output 720p or 1080i. Is there an amp in between source and projector.

If you post a more detailed explanation of your complete set up, start to finish it will be easier for someone to spot the issue.

If I went on to a car forum and said "my engine is making a funny noise, can you help?" Thats not really enough detail to go on. I'm not having a dig, just struggling to know what the route of the problem might be.

Ok I'm using a xtreamer media steamer. I have a amp which projector connects to also my streamer is also connected to the amp not directly to streamer. I used to have emitter in past and no trouble but this time there is

Any clues???

When you go into the info part of the menu on projector, what does it say, eg, 1080p 24fp and does this match what the output of your source is. Check if your amp is on hdmi pass through or is it scaling?

Both are 1080p 60htz. 24fp is off. Not sure about hdmi pass though I'll check after work but I havent messed with the amp and few months ago I didn't have this problem

Both are 1080p 60htz. 24fp is off. Not sure about hdmi pass though I'll check after work but I havent messed with the amp and few months ago I didn't have this problem

Is it frame packed 3d as I don't think the projector supports frame packed 3d at 1080p 60hz, only side by side or top bottom. It can accept 1080p 24p frame packed.

Can the emitter be faulty? That said like I said earlier same trouble when no emitter is connencted

I don't think it's the emitter as it still flickers when the emitter isn't connected. All the emitter does is tell the glasses which lens to open and close and at what time - if the picture flickers without any glasses on then it's something else - not sure though.
Have you tried running the hdmi lead from media player direct to the projector?

Mate I've just tried directly to my player and still same problem. Any other ideas

Hard reset didn't sort trouble out. Help anyone pllzzzzzzzz

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom