• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help setting up 360 with tv/surround sound

Jay1

I've just got a 360 premium for my birthday and have recently bought a new TV aswell. Last thing to get now is a home cinema all in one system and was planning on the PANASONIC SC-PT850EBK.

My TV is a Panasonic TH37PX70.

My dilema at the moment is how to connect everything to get best picture and sound.

I'm thinking of getting the HDMI lead and connecting the xbox to the tv with that, then running the optical out from the xbox to the surround sound. The Surround sound will then be connected to the TV via HDMI.

I also have a Wii which is connected to the TV via component.

That lot should give me full 5.1 surround sound with the Xbox and DVDs but I will have no surround for SKY or the Wii. I really want everything going through the surround sound system if possible.

Anyone have any suggestions on the best way to hook all of this lot up.

Cheers
Jon

knownoversight

Standard Member
I have a similar setup, but not quite as flash.
I have my xbox connected to my old fashioned tube TV via SCART, then using the optical out on the cable I have the sound going straight in to the surround sound (in some games it don't half give you an advantage... :)
On my surround sound system (it's an all in one system that's around 6 years old) it has the option for multiple inputs, so I use these inputs for my other bits and pieces that is if they're not plugged straight in to the back of the TV.
I've recently read about HD switches, but I can't vouch for these as I have no experience of them.
However, I'll copy down here what I have in the magazine then you can have a look yourself.
Maplin Multi-SCART switching Unit - £20
Joytech Control Center 540C - £50 (www.joytechstore.net)
Lindy 2 Port HDMI switch - £59 (www.lindy.com/uk)
Joytech AV control center 245C - £90 (as above)
Belkin PureAV HDMI Interface 3-to-1 video switch - £100 (http://catalog.belkin.com)

Have a look at that lot and see if anything there can help.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom