• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be down from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for quite some time while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

Help settin up DVDO iScan HD+

alcarmichael

I've recently purchased the above VP and am struggling somewhat. I've connected my Sky box with a scart to component + sync cable in com 1 and have the resolution set at 1080p 60 Hz. I'm getting a picture but football is still quite blocky and pixelated. Would using a JS Tech scart - component convertor make any difference?
In com 2 I have my Xbox 360 connected but can only see a blue screen. The VP will automatically switch over to com 2 when I turn the xbox on. Any suggestions?

choddo2006

Novice Member
You can't get away from blocky compression artefacts with SD footy on a big LCD

You don't want 60Hz though.

What res is the xbox set to output?

alcarmichael

When I try setting it to 1080p 50 Hz my TV wont accept it???
The Xbox SHOULD be set to 720p

choddo2006

Novice Member
Just to confirm, I re-connected the Xbox direct to my TV and it IS set to 720p
The HD+ doesn't really process 720p over component

"2 Component (YPbPr or RGB/S) processes 480i/p-60, 576i/p-50, other resolutions are passed through to the analog output unprocessed"

I assume you're outputting over digital? So that won't work.

As for the 1080p/50 issue, that's odd - Sharp manual isn't helpful.

alcarmichael

Ahh, so HD content I connect to the HD+ can only be output through analogue? That seems a very strange way of doing things???
I don't suppose it matters too much really, I can connect the Xbox and PS3 direct to my TV, was just having a play.

alcarmichael

OK, with regard to my earlier posts :-

Am I likely to see any reduction in artefacts on my sky box using the JS tech scart to component convertor?
Will I suffer similiar blocky effects while viewing football on my DLP projector?

badkarma

Doubt you'll see any change by using the JS box, it's just a format change, RGB >> YUV, you're not gaining anything, The HD+ can take either RGB or YUV on the component inputs so makes no odds to it.

I suspect you'll see some of the artifacts as per your LCD on the projector, possibly reduced though. The problem is really in the low quality of the source not your hardware.

alcarmichael

You don't want 60Hz though.
After playing around I've found that the HD+ was set to 60Hz lock and now I've altered it my TV does indeed accept 1080p 50Hz. Is this the best setting for viewing DVD's?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom