Help - Serious Problem with Plasma Screen

R

RussHH

I have had a JVC GM-P421PCE which has been working fine for over two years. It receives its video input from a Sony Home Cinema System which is in turn linked to a Sky Plus Box. Yesterday, when I turned it on it would not display a picture. I repalced the cable from the Sony System to the Screen but had no luck. I then hooked up a portable DVD to the screen (which works on other TVs in the house) but again I could not get a picture displayed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

have you tried the sky box directly into the plasma? if your still not getting anything, then it sounds like maybe your main board has died. But Im not really sure m8, perhaps others might have better an idea.

Which output are you using from the Sky+ box? If s-video can you try RGB ffrom the scart, if scart can you try s-video?

I have a scart from the Sky box to the Sony DVD and then a single lead from the video out of the DVD to the Video In on the Plasma Screen. The Plasma does have RGB ports but I have never used them.

Is the set's internal On Screen Display working OK? If so, the power supply and screen (the expensive bits) are OK.

Yes, the On-screen displays work (i.e it tells me I am on Video A & the signal is PAL). Another thing, I have just chnaged the input signal from PAL to PAL 60 & now i do get a picture but it is rolling so much that you can make much out

One thing I would try before going further is a complete mains power off/power on reset, just in case some thing has locked up. If it's still not working, as Piers said, try as many of the inputs as you find cables for. See which, if any, are working.

It could be some sort of input switching problem.

If it does need the attention of an engineer, let me know where you are. I may know someone reliable locally. I work for JVC by the way.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom