1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

Help - Serious Problem with Plasma Screen

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by RussHH, Oct 2, 2005.

1. RussHH

RussHH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had a JVC GM-P421PCE which has been working fine for over two years. It receives its video input from a Sony Home Cinema System which is in turn linked to a Sky Plus Box. Yesterday, when I turned it on it would not display a picture. I repalced the cable from the Sony System to the Screen but had no luck. I then hooked up a portable DVD to the screen (which works on other TVs in the house) but again I could not get a picture displayed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

2. tscotsman

tscotsman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    have you tried the sky box directly into the plasma? if your still not getting anything, then it sounds like maybe your main board has died. But Im not really sure m8, perhaps others might have better an idea.

3. RussHH

RussHH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I have tried linking the Sky Box directly but with no luck

4. Piers

Piers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Which output are you using from the Sky+ box? If s-video can you try RGB ffrom the scart, if scart can you try s-video?

5. RussHH

RussHH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a scart from the Sky box to the Sony DVD and then a single lead from the video out of the DVD to the Video In on the Plasma Screen. The Plasma does have RGB ports but I have never used them.

6. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,266
    Is the set's internal On Screen Display working OK? If so, the power supply and screen (the expensive bits) are OK.

7. RussHH

RussHH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, the On-screen displays work (i.e it tells me I am on Video A & the signal is PAL). Another thing, I have just chnaged the input signal from PAL to PAL 60 & now i do get a picture but it is rolling so much that you can make much out

8. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,266
    One thing I would try before going further is a complete mains power off/power on reset, just in case some thing has locked up. If it's still not working, as Piers said, try as many of the inputs as you find cables for. See which, if any, are working.

It could be some sort of input switching problem.

If it does need the attention of an engineer, let me know where you are. I may know someone reliable locally. I work for JVC by the way.

9. RussHH

RussHH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks - I will be in touch about a repairer if I have no luck