HELP! Sensor Cleaning

Just call me Al

Novice Member
I've got some spots on my sensor. How much is a kit & which is the best one & where is the best place to buy it, or should I have it done professionally, if so how much at a guess would that cost?

Liquid101

Distinguished Member
Try a Rocket Blower, it might look like a marital aid, but it works a treat.

Unless you have serious smudges or smears, I would leave well alone and rely on the blower.

Just call me Al

Novice Member
Try a Rocket Blower, it might look like a marital aid, but it works a treat.

Unless you have serious smudges or smears, I would leave well alone and rely on the blower.

OK thanks, I will give that a try first. My local Canon dealers quoted £59-99 for a kit or between £20 & £40 for a sensor clean. Had the sensor clean been around £20-00 I would have said yes.

D

DaveyD-UK

Never use a can of compressed air, it can leave marks on the sensor.

I used this kit on my 400D from ebay for only £10, it contains a few senor swabs and e2 cleaning fluid http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=160142838746&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=006

Dont use too much fluid like I did or else your sensor will look worse at first, after a few more cleans my sensor was like new.

Best use a large rocket blower first like I did, then if there are still marks use the fluid method.

harry66

I had some dust on my D50 sensor and didnt want to spend too much.
Tried a Rocket Blower - didnt work but then bought a SensorKlear pen from 7dayshop.com for £3.99

Tried the SensorKlear the first time but I think I was too timid and it didnt seem to work.
Tried the SensorKlear again the next day and applied a bit more pressure - and hey presto no more dust on the sensor!:smashin:

Note that I am fairly new to DSLR and was very nervous doing this - I actually had the pen for over a month before I finally tried it - but I will definitely be using the SensorKlear again in the future.

Video link on using the pen:
http://www.lenspen.com/403/377/

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom