1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help selling a projection tv!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Wiggins, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Wiggins

Wiggins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hiya everyone, not really a tech question this one, but would appreciate any advice all the same.
    I own a barely used Toshiba 56" WHO8B rear-pro tv and am wanting to upgrade to a full on projector and screen. As there simply isn't anywhere else I can use the large tv the only solution is to sell it (and of course the extra cash will help fund the projector).
    What I want to know is has anyone got any advice on how to go about selling such a behometh of a tv? Where to advertise, locally etc? Also price range would be appreciated too. I am reckoning around the £1000 mark- the tv is in exceptional nick, barely used to be honest.
    I live in South Yorkshire (Doncaster area).
    Once again, any help would be appreciated.
    Wiggins

2. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I am in same situation all I wanna do is upgrade to a Sony RPTV, my 1st thought was ask all my friends who have seen my WH08B 46" RPTV over the past few years who without exception were amazed by it.

Either financial or space constraints led to a dead end, plus the prices of new Toshibas are so low.

I am now going to list it in here and hope to get £650 for it, you really need to target someone local for obvious reasons and even better if you can find an enthusiast who appreciates that a good 100hz plasma can compete with todays plasmas on picture quality.

3. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I guess i was lucky, but i sold my Toshiba 57" 57WH36P RPTV for £1,500 recently.

He picked it up himself and i didn't even lift it, i was very lucky to have such a smooth deal, i would never ship it to anyone considering the size of the TV.

I am very happy i could even sell this monster, the problem is that you need to find the right buyer who appreciates this kind of TV.

4. Wiggins

Wiggins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I too tried all my friends/ realtives first, but got more or less the same response. Someone reckons I might have more luck in the local admag, although I always assumed that people never payed for expensive stuff from them.
    I'm also going to try putting ads in the local Post Offices/ newsagents.
    Out of interest, does everyone reckon £1000 ono is an acceptable price for the tv? It's the one with 5.1 built in.

5. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, £1000 is good to start with and you will probably notice what people are prepared to pay....

6. Wiggins

Wiggins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Thanks for the advice Lizzard (and everyone else)- now to place some ads!