help selecting speaker settings on back of yammy rxv630

B

blackjack

ok this is what i got

the 5 surround speakers are 4ohm and on the B speaker selection i got speakers that are 4-8ohm so these are the settings in the manual i just need help on what seting to have them on.

main a or b 4ohm
a + b 8ohm
cetre rear 6ohm
rear 6ohm

or

main a or b 8ohm
a + b 16 ohm
center rear 8ohm
rear 8ohm

the switch is on the back of the unit, what one do u think it should be set to for my speakers.

thanx for any help.

BJ.

i wish i knew how to paste i piccy in here it would on been easier.lol.

The first option is the closest match to your speaker setup.
"main a or b 4ohm
a + b 8ohm
cetre rear 6ohm
rear 6ohm"

Do you use A and B at the same time with 4 ohm speakers?
If you do beware because this can be to hard for the amp.

To paste a picture it has to be so small that we probaby would'nt ba able to see it anyway. But if you want to see at the bottom where yo post, there is a line that says: attach file.

yep i do use A + B at the same time, what will happen to the amp and why please??? is it because of the ohm's that the speakers are.

thanx for the reply.

BJ.

What happens?
When you run 2 pairs of 4 ohm speakers on an amp that says A + B 8 ohms only it will probably not have enough power to drive all the speakers whenit reaches a sertan volume. When it reaches it's limit for what power it can produse it's driven in to clippin and might blow your speakers and itself.:eek:

But if it has managed that until now, you're probably going to get away with it. Just check the temp on the amp, if it gets wery hot, turn down the volume or run just 1 pair of speakers.

ok thanx for the reply, i'll just run a or b when cranking the volume up high.

cheers

BJ.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom