• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help select a receiver

BobbyZ

Standard Member
In our new house I want to drive our music system and tv off the same speakers. Actually I have already decided to buy the B&W CCM80 ceiling speakers. Ceiling speakers are probably not ideal for neither cinema nor hifi, but the best when it comes to aesthetics. (You hardly see them!) And that is very important to me.

I now have to select a receiver that goes well with these speakers and the planned Pioneer 436XSE plasma purchase. (Although the current HDMI/Pioneer problem worries)

My preferred choice currently is Pioneers AX4AVi but have just realised it will be replaced by another model in September.

Are there other models I should consider? Budget is up to ~£1000.

Also I will need to buy a subwoofer (for which I will need to find a way of hiding it). Tempted to opt for a B&W sub but there is an awful lot to choose from. Which would suit the CCM80 speakers well?

Thanks for any comments.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom