Help, Seleco question

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Vixpy, Apr 7, 2001.

1. Vixpy

Vixpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just finished reconverging and setting up my 400 plus last night after moving it because i repositioned the screen, i feel that the image is clearer now but the blue tube is giving alot of diffusion creating a blue tinge on people and objects on the screen, when the projector was last set up i got rid of it but i can't remember how, i've fiddled with the focus on the blue tube but it seems to be as good as i can get it, anybody have any idea's on this one??

Thanx in advance :confused:

2. Craig Crane

Craig Crane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go into service mode and make sure blue stretch is off. Check all tube focus again, and remember that blue is the hardest to focus).Then re converge and see if there is an improvement. Failing that, e mail me, and we can have a chat and see where you may be going wrong.

3. Vixpy

Vixpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx for the reply, i actually had a fiddle this afternoon and have readjusted the focus on the blue tube, it is alot better now but not perfect, there is still a very slight blue tinge to some objects, Also the green tube seems yo go out of focus at the edge of the image, i have readjusted it several times but it seems to be at its best compramise, any ideas?

Thanx

4. Craig Crane

Craig Crane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It all depends. How would you honestly rate your convergence abilities?

E mail me direct.

[ 08-04-2001: Message edited by: Craig Crane ]

5. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey come on lads, thats what this BB is for isn't it? So we can all learn a bit from each other. As a 310 ownwer, I'm quite interested in this thread.

6. Craig Crane

Craig Crane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "E mail me direct" does not mean that I have info that I am unwilling to share, it just means "E mail me direct". Its quicker, and any thoughts or findings would / will be posted.

Basically I told him to
    A: Re-focus
    B: Start convergence from green first
    C: Check borders in Convergence

None of this really helped, so I told him to make sure that the projector was not tooo close to the screen.

However, if need be, I could offer to come and have a look for him. This is due to the fact that he has no help from the Birmingham based vendor. But he needs to eliminate any obvious reasons first.

7. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Vixpy,
    The trick is to de-focus the blue lens slightly. This will get rid of the blue fringe.

Here's how...

Focus all lenses as sharp as possible including blue.
    Perform the deflection adjustments.
    Use the Course Crosshair (plain cross) test pattern and adjust Red convergence using just CEN, SKEW and BOW. Forget about linearity and size, you'll do those later. Repeat for Blue

With all tubes on you should have a white cross with a blue fringe.

Now adjust the Blue lens centre focus (the edge will move with it) so that the blue image grows a little bigger. For a clue look at the little vertical lines that stick up from the horizontal bar of the cross. Remember which way the lens moves to make the blue image bigger, then adjust it back to get good blue focus.

Looking at just the centre of the white cross you should still have a blue fringe. Now move the lens and watch as the blue fringe diminishes. The total amount of movement of the lens is about 1/3 - 1/2 an inch.

Set-up correctly a 400 will give a beatiful image with little or no fringe at all.

Once the convergence is complete I normally run The Fifth Element to check blue fringing. The scene is where the cops chase Leeloo into the aircon tunnel. The lights on the cops uniforms should have good convergence with no blue edge.

Hope this helps

Regards