1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help ! Seleco 320 fault

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by applevenus, Jul 16, 2005.

1. applevenus

applevenus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Came back from 2 weeks holiday, so the PJ has been turned off for maybe 3 weeks.

PJ turns on and projects light through all 3 tubes. However the image is , how shall I describe this, knackered. I've disconnected all sources to the PJ and even the Seleco menus don't display properly. It's like the image is being shaken, you can just about make out the text in the menus but that's it.

I'm gutted.

I'm in Dublin and really have no idea whether anyone in Dublin is qualified to look at this. I bought it from a forum member about 5 years ago and haven't had a spot of bother with it until now.

Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting ?

2. Boy Lex

Boy Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check the white ribbon cables between the main board and the deflection board (under the blue tube) - you may have a dry joint here.

3. applevenus

applevenus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks, I'll take a peek at that tomorrow.

4. gazzzman

gazzzman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there!
    if you are still having difficulties please pm me!
    gazzzman

5. applevenus

applevenus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    adding reply in case anyone else finds a similar problem with their PJ in the future.
    basically the image was 'jagged' as if the horizontal and vertical hold on an old TV were messed up.

sure enough (thanks gazzzman) it was the sync board which is a small board near the rear of the projector. I've removed it and had it repaired and should be up and running again in a day or two when the post office get it back to me.