Help - Sdif M/board Header

bendyman

Novice Member
I depserately need a spdif header to connect to my new motherboard but all the usual suspects (scan,ebuyer,dabs) seem to out of stock. Anyone have either one to sell or know of anywhere else where I might find out. Need it before Xmas as my HTPC died this morning, so looking to get the new board n chip in pronto!!

:lease: :lease: :lease:

AMCross

more info on motherboard manufacturer and model will help

as they are different

bendyman

Novice Member
ASrock 775Dual-VSTA (the board comes supplied with an HDMI header, but I need a coax one)

AMCross

when you say a hdmi header what exactly do you mean

the audio output on the board is a 4 pin plug

pin 1 +5vdc
pin 2 key
pin 3 spdf output
pin 4 gnd

i shall check may have one in my garage

AMCross

just read the manual see what you mean about the cable supplied

bendyman

Novice Member
yeah, bit of a weird one, I'm sure the supplied HDMI spdif will come in handy in the next 18 months when i upgrade both my plasma and 6600GT to HDMI devices, but that seems a long way away at the moment!.
Fingers crossed you have one in the garage!! ( I work in Livi) so your not far away!

B

BigBry

Looks the same layout as the Asus spdif header, or even cheaper get a Gigayte one, pop the red connection off the end and put a plastic conncetion from an internal CD/DVD audio lead on (the sort you always get with DVD drives but never need nowdays). You shouldn't need the 5V voltage connection for this setup.

It certainly works on all the boards I've tried including a similar HDMI Asrock board.

bendyman

Novice Member
Thanks for the response - If the pinout is the same as Asus, I'll go for that option. I've only found one site who claims to have stock of this, so fingers crossed.:clap:

AMCross

sorry bud looked everywhere in my garage

but cannot find it :thumbsdow

mind you the garage is a bloody mess:D

no way is a car getting anywhere near it for a long time

bendyman

Novice Member
Update - Bought an Aopen spdif header from KustomPC in Ayr - worked perfectly first time on this Asrock board, no tinkering was required.

:clap: :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom