Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Help, Screen sticks to itself

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mastengo, Feb 2, 2005.

1. mastengo

mastengo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We have a large Da-Lite electric driven screen. It is about twelve years old. It has developed horizontal creases which aren't too noticeable, but when the screen is lowered it sticks to itself at these horizonantal creases. The stickiness is very slight at the lower creases but gets worse as the screen lowers, causing the screen to "jump" baldly near the end.
    This problem is worse after the screen hasn't been lowered for a while and disappears if the screen is run up and down a few times. I have washed the screen with soap and water and have left it down for a few days. The screen is made of some rubbery material. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem would be appreciated. Thanks

2. fortean

fortean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    I needed to get adhesive off the back of my screen. I used Pledge to do it. A few days after the adhesive had been removed my screen started sticking. I probably hadn't removed all the adhesive. I just used Pledge again on both the front and the back. No problems since. You should clean both the front and the back because they come in to contact with each other when the screen is rolled up.