Help: Samsung TV/Virgin/Home Cinema setup

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Horizon'sEdge, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Horizon'sEdge

Horizon'sEdge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A colleague of mine is having problems with setting up the following items he has bought:

Virgin cable subscription (standard box)
    Samsung TV (LE46A656)
    Samsung Media Centre (HM-TZ212 I think, it's definitely in that range anyway).

Current connections are:

Code:
    TV <-- scart <-- VIRGIN BOX <-- scart <-- MEDIA CENTRE
      |                                             |
      -------------------->phono-------------------->

All video items work, the only issue is that when the media centre is set to Aux 2 to output the TV it starts putting out a video signal that cuts out the TV.

Is there something I'm missing here? Unfortunately my knowledge extends over many geeky things, but I'm just not as good on the AV stuff.

Thanks in advance.

2. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,506
    I did a google for the model of "Samsung Media Centre" and this thread turned up and not a lot else. If it's a h/c system, it might be HT-Z something. Check and post back.

I'm not familiar with cable, so I can't say for sure but have you tried swapping the SCARTS around? It could be that a SCART lead is connected to an output when it should be an input and that is why the h/c is overriding the cable box. However, to avoid confusion, I would always suggest connecting directly from source to TV, particularly if you don't have to loopthrough devices. Obviously if this "Media Centre" is a recording device, then passthrough can be useful.

1) What is the make/model of TV
    2) What is the exact model of home cinema system and what connections are available?
    3) What connections are available on the cable box?

Sorry to fire questions back at you but without a bit more information, I can't really suggest anything else.