Help! Samsung TV, s/bar and sky q

Petemcg86

Novice Member
Hi all,

Hopefully this is put in the right place.
My set up is, sky q with uhd package, works well, pleasing with F1, sports and uhd boxers. TV is the q90r, and my sound bar is the q70r, all 2019 stuff bought at reduced prices this year.

My problem is, I have the sky q box set to Dolby digital plus, as football etc comes with Atmos. When watching the soundbar scrolls Atmos so I know that it's all hooked up right.

However, there are a number of channels that seem to "muffle" the vocal sounds, but background noise is fine. This did not happen when I first got the system. Then it happened, and it stopped, and now it's happening again. Always on the same channels, recorded or live.

Sky haven't a clue, pointed me to their Atmos set up page. So I am currently on normal mode, and it just doesn't sound as crisp.

The TV and speakers are fine, netflix, and Amazon on the native apps stream Atmos fine, as the soundbar tells me so

I read this might be an issue with Samsun and sky q boxes, but I find it strange that it's intermittently happening. I can put a video on YouTube to show what in doing if folk think it'll be useful.

Thanks in advance!
Pete

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom