HELP - Samsung LE40M87BDX vs Toshiba 42X3030D

desperate for some opinions as i know very little regarding these 2 sets, and was hoping someone could advise as to which has the better picture quality between these two.
any help is much appreciated
thanks

ChrisGgr

Both very good models.Personally I like the samsung more because of the better connectivity and better contrast

Raitzi

Both very good models.

I Agree. Toshiba has maybe little less motion blur, though it is not bad on m87. M87 supports 1080p 24Hz playback via hdmi.
There have been problems(judder) with freeview(DVB-T) tuner with m87 as with samsung r-series.(external set-top box solves this)

MurphmanL

I too am torn between these two lcd models, the 42 X3030 tosh, and the LE40M87BDX samsung... I hear however the samsung has problems with its picture processing, however it has 1080p on all inputs?

What are both sets like for motion blur? My main use will be for Xbox 360 and Ps3 gaming?
So what can people recommend?
Its either one of these or a Plasma 1024x768 for me... since I absolutely hate motion blur.
Thoughts?

Raitzi

What are both sets like for motion blur? My main use will be for Xbox 360 and Ps3 gaming?
So what can people recommend?
Its either one of these or a Plasma 1024x768 for me... since I absolutely hate motion blur.
Thoughts?

I would take toshiba x over m86 for gaming. New pana 1080p plasma(pz70) or some older 720p models might be something for you though.

MurphmanL

Am a little concerned about the possibility of purple snakes and issues resported with panasonic plasmas such as green tinge on xbox 360 gears of war and other games? Since I am a gamer i dont wish to be affected by these issues.

The prospsect of 1080p offered by the samsung is sure tempting me but as I said i hate motion blur, and since this is an lcd im sure it wont be that amazing at displaying motion at 8ms response :/

My philips is quoted to have 5ms response, although I dont know if this is that genuine due to tricks philips may use, I have been advised by my friend however the samsung is a good responder. Plus 1080p 360 is a nice idea.

I am just generally, very confused :p
Any advice from people with xbox 360s?

HelloMoto

I've got the Tosh 42X and a 360, looks brilliant to me, even the football that was supposed to look smeared and blurry looks good.

Can't complain for what I paid.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom