• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help! - Samsung LE32B550A5 or LE32B530P

UKseagull

Standard Member
I could do with some advice and quickly before I go out and buy the wrong un! :smashin:

Which would be the better buy between the 32" Samsung LE32B550A5 or the 32" Samsung LE32B530P?

Yesterday we looked at various TV's and today we were going to go out and buy a Samsung LE32B530P for £399, however there's now a Cat amongst the Pigeons as I spotted a Samsung LE32B550A5 for sale on Amazon for £428.

As far as I can see the difference is that the 550 has an extra HDMI port and a USB port ...... can this play back video as that would be a big bonus?

Are there any other differences?

joeprosho

Established Member
you can get the LE32B530p for 359 delivery included at dixons and RGB which might sway your mind, its what im looking at getting

joeprosho

Established Member
also the only difference i can see with the 551A to the 530P is an extra HDMI port and 10,000 more in contrast, thats unless it has a usb port?? which i dont know, the spec for the 550 is not aviailible but they all have a massive good contrast, price is all i can choose between them n i cant go voer 400 really, suppose the other option is go for the newest model which i think is the 551a, out of the two its slightly better

Last edited:

UKseagull

Standard Member
Thanks for the replies. I've just ordered a Samsung LE32B551A online from Currys at £429, as far as I can see it's almost identical to the 550 but has the Rosewood finish and it does have a USB port. Maybe it's possible to alter the firmware as can be done on the 550?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom