Help - Samsung LCD PC input now not working

siw

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I really need some help with a sudden problem.

I have a Samsung LE23R88BD 23inch LCD TV and it has been prefect until today. I only use the PC (PC IN) and AUDIO (PC IN) sockets for my xbox360 and an old RF cable for the TV aerial.

But, now when I change the source to the PC input is says NO SIGNAL on the screen even though the console is on and after a few seconds the TV screen then goes black and the red standby light flashes. If I then switch source to EXT 1 or EXT 2 (which are not connected to anything) I get the NO SIGNAL (as expected) but the screen does not go black but remains on and the standby light stays off (to be expected). This fault also happens when the console is switched off. Becasue of this I assume the console is also okay. This leads me to believe the TV PC channel display system is faulty.

The TV and console have not been moved from my desk at all (but the TV has been rotated on its stand a little bit) and are dusted regularly.

There is no troubleshoot section in the User Guide and it's past the 12 month warranty.

Please can anyone tell me how to fix this as I cannot afford a replacement TV?

Thanks in hopeful advance.

Hi,

I really need some help with a sudden problem.

I have a Samsung LE23R88BD 23inch LCD TV and it has been prefect until today. I only use the PC (PC IN) and AUDIO (PC IN) sockets for my xbox360 and an old RF cable for the TV aerial.

But, now when I change the source to the PC input is says NO SIGNAL on the screen even though the console is on and after a few seconds the TV screen then goes black and the red standby light flashes. If I then switch source to EXT 1 or EXT 2 (which are not connected to anything) I get the NO SIGNAL (as expected) but the screen does not go black but remains on and the standby light stays off (to be expected). This fault also happens when the console is switched off. Becasue of this I assume the console is also okay. This leads me to believe the TV PC channel display system is faulty.

The TV and console have not been moved from my desk at all (but the TV has been rotated on its stand a little bit) and are dusted regularly.

There is no troubleshoot section in the User Guide and it's past the 12 month warranty.

Please can anyone tell me how to fix this as I cannot afford a replacement TV?

Thanks in hopeful advance.

You could try a different VGA cable, or you could try component from the XBox to the TV - maybe the XBox is kn*ckered? Does the RF input work for Freeview?

I have to look for the SCART cable that came with the console. I think the console if okay because even when it's switched off the PC IN channel says (NO SIGNAL) which is to be expected, but then goes black and the standby light flashes.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom