• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question HELP - Samsung HW-K450 soundbar problem!!

EmreAltintas

Novice Member
Hey guys.

I just bought a Samsung soundbar, opened it up, plugged it and played. My PS4 was on the homescreen, and suddenly i noticed (because of the bg music in playstation), that at SOME frequencies the soundbar makes a plasticky vibration kind of sound from the right side of it. I listened closely and can confirm that this is indeed on the right side of the soundbar (when looking from the front).

Some voices also triggers this vibration sound, like man voices. It isnt a dealbreaker, but it is VERY annoying when it happens. I cant explain how it sounds other than "plasticky vibration".

The original idea would be to send it back, BUT i am going on a vacation for 16 days.

The return policy is 14 days in Denmark. Now i know that i should NOT buy any electronics JUST before i go on vacation.

Can anybody explain if this is normal or what causes this?

Thanks!

Aryn86

Doesn't sound normal at all, get it exchanged ASAP. Don't wait about, clear case of a faulty product.

EmreAltintas

Novice Member
Doesn't sound normal at all, get it exchanged ASAP. Don't wait about, clear case of a faulty product.

It really doesnt sound normal. I can send it back and get a full refund within 14 days, but as i said its too late. Its almost 8pm in denmark atm so all postal offices are closed and i go on vacation tonight.

Im sure i can get it exchanged though, as we have 2 years limited warranty in Denmark, which covers faulty products.

I will try to send it back and get sent a new one, if it continues i will try to get my money back or exchange with a new product (im thinking of the Polk MagniFi Mini, theyre running a deal on it).

Thanks for reply.

Does anybody else know about this issue?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom