• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help!! Samsung F7 comparable required before insurers mug me off.

Jnyss

Standard Member
Guys! (inc Girls)

My wife had a accident with our Samsung LE40F71BX and the insurers are offering a LE40B551A as a replacement.

I was under the impression that the F7 was a 7 series tv and the B5 a 5, therefore a lesser set, or has tech moved on that the B5 = F7, its all very confusing and I dont want to get short changed.

Also the B5 does not have the media inputs of my F7, alternatively does anyone know where I can buy a new F7?

Actually, they are not intending to replace the TV but instead give me a Currys voucher for the value less excess = £599 seems a little low for what was a top of the range tv.

Help please!

mcjibba

Hi

This set was from before the time of series 3, 4, 5, 6 ,7 8 etc days. I think Samsung used to market is sets on letters back then R, M, F series.

Although it would have been top of range model at time of launch it is nothing special in todays market and so like for like replacement is going to be based on the specs > 1080p, +2 HDMI sockets.

So in effect a what you have been offered is justified. You could try arguing further with the insurer but i guess it is their decision.

Jnyss

Standard Member
Thanks McJibba, well it might not be the answer I had hoped for but it is helpful so thank you.

Now to start picking my next tv, I think I might go plasma for a change.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom