HELP!! - Samsung EH5300 - 46inch - HDMI

johncse30

Novice Member
Hi Guys - Need a help.

I've just ordered Samsung EH5300 - 46inch LED TV and trying to get a suitable HDMI cable, and I could see that there are three different types of HDMI cables out there. HDMI Standard / HDMI High Definition / HDMI-Ethernet.

Do you know if this model supports HDMI-Ethernet cable? If not, which one should I buy?

Thanks

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
To the best of my knowledge NO current TV sports Ethernet over HDMI. Buy a High Speed cable and this will be fairly future proof should you go 3D. It has been suggested that there is no difference between standard and high speed cables, just the testing of them, so if it's only a metre or so long, buy a cheap as chips standard version. All my short link cables are standard and all signal formats work correctly.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
There are two types of HDMI cable - Standard and High Speed. Both have identical wiring the classification is down to which of two sets of (very expensive) tests the cable manufacturer chooses to subject the cable to.

'with Ethernet' is an option on both cable types though 2+ years down the line since it was announced no hardware manufacturer has implemented the 'with Ethernet' option on any piece of kit!

http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_1_4/finding_right_cable.aspx

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom