Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

help! samsung dvd connection trouble!

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by allan_zip, Oct 23, 2004.

1. allan_zip

allan_zip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a samsung dvd-p140 player but am having trouble getting a colour picture. My tv is a cheapo minato portable that i got in tescos a few years back. it works fine scart 2 scart on my vhs but my picture from the dvd player is black and white when connected the same way. The tv has only 1 scart input and one aerial input. the dvd has 1 scart out and the three rca plug connectors that appear on most dvds. I have tried switching the scart output settings from rgb, s-video and video with no joy. total nuisance. can anyone help me, please?
    Allan :lease:

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    If you are trying to play a Region 1 disc it is possible that your TV will only accept a PAL signal via the scart socket if it is an old set. The other common reason for black and white pictures is when you try and feed an s-video signal to a TV scart that won't accept that kind of signal but this should still work with a composite signal

3. allan_zip

allan_zip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, i'm flumoxed, the discs i've tried were region 2 pal. I set up with just the tv and dvd (no vhs or ntl cable box) scart 2 scart and it still wont work. Interestingly when i first set everything up on Saturday scart 2 scart, the feed from the dvd came on in colour for 3 secs then flicked to b+w!? there are no display mode settings on the tv menu (like i said, it's cheapo). I think the scart on the tv is faulty, when i have the vhs hooked up to it i still need to have the rf aerial coming in aswell to get a tv signal, only the av channel on the tv works from scart. i think a new tv is required (damn!).