1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help! samsung dvd connection trouble!

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by allan_zip, Oct 23, 2004.

1. allan_zip

allan_zip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a samsung dvd-p140 player but am having trouble getting a colour picture. My tv is a cheapo minato portable that i got in tescos a few years back. it works fine scart 2 scart on my vhs but my picture from the dvd player is black and white when connected the same way. The tv has only 1 scart input and one aerial input. the dvd has 1 scart out and the three rca plug connectors that appear on most dvds. I have tried switching the scart output settings from rgb, s-video and video with no joy. total nuisance. can anyone help me, please?
    Allan :lease:

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    If you are trying to play a Region 1 disc it is possible that your TV will only accept a PAL signal via the scart socket if it is an old set. The other common reason for black and white pictures is when you try and feed an s-video signal to a TV scart that won't accept that kind of signal but this should still work with a composite signal

3. allan_zip

allan_zip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, i'm flumoxed, the discs i've tried were region 2 pal. I set up with just the tv and dvd (no vhs or ntl cable box) scart 2 scart and it still wont work. Interestingly when i first set everything up on Saturday scart 2 scart, the feed from the dvd came on in colour for 3 secs then flicked to b+w!? there are no display mode settings on the tv menu (like i said, it's cheapo). I think the scart on the tv is faulty, when i have the vhs hooked up to it i still need to have the rf aerial coming in aswell to get a tv signal, only the av channel on the tv works from scart. i think a new tv is required (damn!).