• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help - Running 2 Technics through amp

H

Hardware 1983

Hello, I hope someone can help me with this problem.

I have had my 2 Technics decks and pioneer mixer for some time now and previously they have been running through one of my dads old amps so I thought it was good time to invest in a new one. I purchased a Marantz PM4001 from richer sounds as it was the only one of few that had phono inputs. The problem I am having is that there is a GND connection on the mixer as well as the amp so I am unsure in what way to connect the decks properly. I have set one up from the manual easily but the sound quality deteriorates quite a bit when the second turntable is set up. Incidentally, the old amp did not have a GND on the back which leads me to believe the new amp can only really handle one turntable.

Any help will be much appreciated.

bu5ter

Established Member
well if your going through a mixer it should output as a standard line out so you dont need to go in through a phono stage. try another standard line in on your amp like the Cd one and see if that helps. A phono stage on an amp is for connecting a turntable direct to the amp not through a mixer

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom