Help Ripping The Blue Nile - High CD

Sluggster

Established Member
Reaction score
I've never been able to rip the CD High by the Blue Nile. It's the only CD that just won't rip. What has become more annoying is that I have sold my CD player and it won't actually play on my HDDVD player or my computer CD.

I'm now using a Mac & Squeezebox as my front end.

I've tried EAC, itunes PC (says it has 98 tracks), itunes Mac sees the tracks but does not rip them (it says it is but nothing records), Winamp says it's there but won't play anything, Foobar2000 plays white noise, Media Monkey shoots through the tracks in 10 seconds. I'm having trouble setting up dBpoweramp, which has finished the trial but I don't seem to get the free version working.

Any thoughts and help would be appreciated.

Regards,
S

There might be a problem with the CD itself. Could be a scratch or dirt or something preventing the tracks being played.

Have you tried giving the CD a good clean?

Hi,

The CD is clean. I have never been able to record it. Looking on the net it appears that for some reason the CD was released with copy protection by accident and they were changing it back in 2004. However the company that released it seem to have gone to the wall now or been bought out.

Was hoping by now that someone had come up with software that would rip it for me.

Regards,
S

Unlikely the CD was copy protected by accident!

Can't help you.

Apparently they accidently copied a master that had been used for some pre=release work instead of the one they should have. There is information about it available on the web but it does not help to get it ripped.

Regards,
S

Have you tried to create a back-up CD and then rip the back up to FLAC (or whatever)? This used to work for me when I had odd discs that wouldn't copy or copied with added noise as some CD burning software strips out copy protection. I think I used Nero.

HTH

Hi Sluggster,
I too own this CD and have the same problem. When I put the disc in my laptop and try to import into iTunes it just doesn't do anything. I thought it was a faulty disc but it plays fine in my car!
Cheers, John

It won't be a problem if you try our software. It can fix it.

Just download here

You can convert your CD to DVD and it will play on your PC.

Burn audios/videos, bootable files and any documents to data CD/DVD
Copy data CD and unprotected DVD from one disc to another directly
Burn ISO image files to CD/DVD disc for backup
Make any files on the hard disk or CD/DVD disc into ISO image files

I've never been able to rip the CD High by the Blue Nile. It's the only CD that just won't rip. What has become more annoying is that I have sold my CD player and it won't actually play on my HDDVD player or my computer CD.

I've tried EAC, itunes PC (says it has 98 tracks), itunes Mac sees the tracks but does not rip them (it says it is but nothing records), Winamp says it's there but won't play anything, Foobar2000 plays white noise, Media Monkey shoots through the tracks in 10 seconds. I'm having trouble setting up dBpoweramp, which has finished the trial but I don't seem to get the free version working.

Regards,
S

Regards,
S
Hi :hiya:
Try this free SoundRecorder AUDACITY
Only issue is you are recording in Realtime but if you havent found another ripping option this should work
In Edit>Preferences set the Recording quality to 32 Bit Float(WAV)
Devices set the Record input(StereoMix?)maybe other depending on system
It may be easier to record one track at a time to begin with
You can record the whole CD but you then have to split each track seperately by Highlighting each one and then go to Tracks>Add Label at Selection
Once done Select all and then File>Export Selection
Save to a Named Folder
You can Import into Itunes as is (WAV)
Then select a track and in Advanced>Create MP3 Version if wanted
Once done you then can Tag each track (INFO) with Track Name/Album ect
Bit long winded but it should work if nothing else will do it
BigCam
Meant to add if converting to MP3 in I-Tunes, make sure the import settings are set using "custom" 320Kbs for higher quality conversion
Also set to " Normal Stereo" or it willl create a Joint Stereo MP3 file which for some tracks can spoil the Stereo Soundstage

Last edited:
Would it not be a lot easier to buy a MP3 download version?

Hi - I had the same problem a couple of years ago. I just emailed the record company (sanctuary records) - they asked me to send them the CD, and they sent back an unprotected replacement.

I believe the copy-protected preview version was accidentally pressed as the final product. My replacement is a standard, compliant, rippable CD.

Following your thread, I went looking for answers... I finally ripped it sucessfully by playing it on my Sony DVD system which has the ability to transfer files to a USB. It didn't get the track names but ripped the files which I then named individually. I've been trying to do that since the CD came out in 2004, and only managed today. May 2011.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom