1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!! Ricoh DVD R/W Drive problem

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by jimyboyod, Dec 8, 2004.

1. jimyboyod

jimyboyod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Ricoh DVD MP5125A installed on my computer and can't figure out what the stupid thing is up to. I have got DVD RW disks and I cannot erase from them as it says that I cannot erase from this drive, but it is a RW so why the hell not? Also when i put in a DVD +R (which is the right type) it firstly tells me that it has 4.7G available but if try to burn anything (even a small file) onto it, it says that there isn't enough space and tells me to put in a DVD RW. What is going on? Ready for 'out of window' time
    :mad: :lease:

2. drummerjohn

drummerjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    What software are you using?

3. jimyboyod

jimyboyod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Windows XP Operating System and Burn4Free

4. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Did this used to work and is now broken or has it never worked? Have you tried any other burning software?

5. jimyboyod

jimyboyod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried different software including the software that came with the drive when I bought it but it has never worked. I am just not sure if there is something stupid that i havent done.