Help, RGB to scart problem

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Mr Mojo, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Mr Mojo

Mr Mojo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In readiness for Sky HD and getting a new HD ready LCD TV and because my Tivo died I have bought a Sony VGX-XL100 Media Center PC. Thinking I will be able to use it before I buy the new TV (probably the new Sony Bravia V or X) with my older Sony CRT. Now, I know it has a RGB enabled input scart so I bought a RGB to scart cable, it dosnt work. I understand this is because of the sync signal. So I bought a Syncblaster box from Keene Electronics. This has worked either. Any ideas anyone ? Or I'll have to sit and wait for the new Bravia.

2. sealzy

sealzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have exactly the same problem. I have the Keene Electronics Aptus2 adaptor which also doesn't seem to work. Did you manage to solve this in the end?

3. Mr Mojo

Mr Mojo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Apparently, the Aptus2 should work but the resolution of the PC should be set down to 640 by something. This of course is hard to do when you can not see the display to change the resolution.
    I have given up and will have to wait till I can get a TV with HDMI input.

4. BDCSTENG GARETH

BDCSTENG GARETH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    when you say it doesnt work, how do you mean?

Is there an unlocked picture?

Depending on the TV, you need a combination of some/all of the following

RGB/Sync/switching volts on certain pins to get the tv looking at the RGB siganl.

5. Mr Mojo

Mr Mojo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As the PC boots up I can see the WindowsXP logo clearly but once windows is running properly the picture is just a patterned mess. The boot up screens would be at 640x??? but the default resolution for the Windows display must be way higher but I have no screen to connect it to to change it.
    Anyways, I am waiting to have a look at the new Toshiba 42WLT66 LCD screen. Looks a good one. Its 1080p and has 2 HDMI inputs.

6. sealzy

sealzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the XL100 plugged into a TFT monitor via the HDMI cable so at least I can see what I'm doing. Trouble is the manual says you cannot have the HDMI and the composite outputs working at the same time. The only time I have managed to get anything on the TV screen is when the XL100 goes into hibernation mode.

The resolution will not go down as far as 640x480 by the way.

Anyone want to buy a XL100? I'm sick and tired of it, and I haven't even got it to work properly yet!!!:mad:

7. sealzy

sealzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will either flog the XL100 on ebay, or try and get the money back with Sony. My advise.......don't get an XL100 unless you have a proper TFT/Plasma to plug it in to. Even then, seriously think about getting an Media Centre PC from elsewhere.:mad: