1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! Returned 2 Pannys Now Tosh 32zp46 no picture!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Neiliboy, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Neiliboy

Neiliboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok i took delivery of a new Tosh 32zp46 today - set it all up to find that there is no picture whatsoevr - the IS sound but no picture.

Its a Scart output from the Sky+ straight into the AV1 socket.

I checked the scart by plugging it into another telly and it worked fine.

When i turn the tv on you can hear that distinct 'click' of the tube coming on but there is absolutly nothing on the screen. no noise, no snowy picture. Nowt.

I'm hoping there is something ridiculously simple i have forgotten to do but i dont think so.

Getting desperate now........already returned two PD50s and I'd hoped this would be good too.........

Also you reckon Currys would exchange it or send an engineer out in the worst case scenario?

Thanks in advance

Neil

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,914
    Without an aerial most modern sets default to a blue background and if they don't have a blue background you would see noise (snow) on the screen.....so it looks as though the set is faulty.
    Leaving the scart aside.....do you have a picture on any programme position?

It is your right to get a replacement or your money refunded if the set is faulty.........the decision is yours.

3. per-Sony-fied

per-Sony-fied

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    :oops: Luck does not appear to be on your side. Have you tried another hobby like gardening to pass the time? :laugh:

Of course there is one simple possibility that for some reason the brightness and contrast are at their minimum. Seems a very outside chance but always worth trying, probably best from the box controls itself.