• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help Restoring Optoma Lamp Hours!!!

Marcus96

Established Member
Hello everybody, Today I accidentally did a factory reset on my Optoma 600X-lv Projector and aswell as me having to restore all of my settings, I have lost all of my hours on the lamp timer!

I had about 360 hours of usage on the timer and I came to find out that it had reset back to 0 along with everthing else. Will it be possible for me to manually enter the number of lamp hours into the timer or restore what I had before? I mean I hate having to feal guilty over silly little mistakes like this. I have also tried entering the service menu (POWER-LEFT-LEFT-MENU) and I can't see an option there either to sort it out, there is a setting for RS232 Control which can be set to (PC, Projector, etc. and I cant find anything. There was also a CW Index option but that didn't do anything, it alters the colours so I put it back on 100 (as normal I think), My Model is a EW536 Chasis, can anybody help?

The same happened to me with my Optoma and its rather annoying. I can't see the point of being able to reset the lamp hours to 0 unless you replace the lamp. It should only reset itself once you take the lamp out. I never found a way round the problem.

Tight Git, what do you find so :eek: about the question ? The OP just wants to reset the projector so it reflects the actual age of the lamp, rather than one that is false, which doesn't strike me as unreasonable.

kbfern

Distinguished Member
I think TG was commenting for exactly the point you said " rather one that is false" I am sure the OP was trying to put it back where it was but lets face it if you were allowed to put in a lamp count that was pre determined by the user how comfortable would you be when buying a used pj advertised with "only 200hrs use" if you knew the user could change the numbers.

Marcus96

Established Member
Anyway, for now I have just stuck a label underneath saying ~360 hours so I can add to the usage mentioned on the projectors lamp timer. I may think about reseting the lamp timer again when it gets to 640 hours which means 1000 reset hours, so I could add it onto the lamps actually time easier. The Total Projection hours also reset with it too! don't know what that means. I think I accidentally reset it in the service menu when I was just messing arround with stuff.

Tight Git

Distinguished Member
"Total Projection Hours" are just that, namely hours in use since pj was new.

It's usually in a "secret" menu, so manufacturers can check lamp hours haven't been faked.

Which brings us full circle... :)

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom