Help research/review conservatory company

harty23

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I have had a quote from "smiths-upvc" conservatory company in Benfleet.

Have tried every where to find a review or anything in way of experience with this company!!

They seem genuine, well-priced (not too cheap) and have a good finance package with 10% deposit required, but reluctant to give anyone £800 without hearing some feedback from past customers.

Anyone know where I can find any reviews/experiences?

ask them for a list of customers who they have built conservatories for in the past and go give them a visit. That's what we did recently when we had our roof done.

ask them for a list of customers who they have built conservatories for in the past and go give them a visit. That's what we did recently when we had our roof done.
....although you'll probably be referred to family members! ;)

The parent company (Smith Glass Ltd.) is registered at Companies House since 2002, alebeit with a name change from Jencar. So at least their don't appear to be one of these outfits that are constantly re-inventing themselves & leaving their debts behind.

Maybe try your local Trading Standards office & ask about any complaints.

....although you'll probably be referred to family members! ;)

If they have a large family and have built conservatories for them all that may be a problem. If they can only give you 2 or 3 customers details then I'd stay clear.:D The roofing contractor we used gave us a list of over 100 customers who they had carried out work for and we visited about 8 of those and asked for their opinions on them.

thanks. Still amazed by the speedy help you get on these formums, fantastic.

Was concerned about "familiy & friends" recommendations... But will ask and see what I get....

I may be a little naive, but they are offering a barclays backed finance at 6.9% which is really good in comparison with the loan market.. Does this mean they must be a good/responsible company, to get barclays backing?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom