• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

help required

russ p

Standard Member
hi, i have just brought my first slr and im loving it but after seeing all the great pictures on here i would like some feedback on how to improve mine, please dont be to hard

Attachments

• rsz_3dsc_0104.jpg
    rsz_3dsc_0104.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 64
  • rsz_dsc_0092.jpg
    rsz_dsc_0092.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 63
  • rsz_dsc_0110.jpg
    rsz_dsc_0110.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 65
  • rsz_dsc_0114.jpg
    rsz_dsc_0114.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 58

Hitby

Prominent Member
Your images are ok. The only couple of things I'd say (and I'm by no means an expert) are try and shoot from a different angle than your normal standing one. Ie, for the chicken get down on your knees. This gives a POV different to that of everyone that has ever seen a chicken. Secondly, try and frame the subject somewhere other than the centre of your shot - look up the rule of thirds. If the subject is moving try and leave more space in front of it so that it has somewhere to go in the image.

hth
Dan

sleekyG

Established Member
Your images are ok. The only couple of things I'd say (and I'm by no means an expert) are try and shoot from a different angle than your normal standing one. Ie, for the chicken get down on your knees. This gives a POV different to that of everyone that has ever seen a chicken. Secondly, try and frame the subject somewhere other than the centre of your shot - look up the rule of thirds. If the subject is moving try and leave more space in front of it so that it has somewhere to go in the image.

hth
Dan

Very well said. I think that's some really pretty nice advice to start with. :smashin:

Learn some good angles. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom