Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Help required

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by mikeinsthelens, Dec 19, 2003.

1. mikeinsthelens

mikeinsthelens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone,

I have done something stupid! :clown:

I have had a move around and have disconnected all my equipment and didnt make a note of which aerial went where or which cable went where.

I am running Sky (not plus) a DVD with 5.1 and a video. In the past when I have switched the video on the TV automatically went to the video chanel (E1 on mine) and when I switched Sky on the TV automatically went to E2. I also have an extra aerial which allows me to watch Sky upstairs and have an "eye" connected so I can change channel also.

I was also able to watch the terrestial channels outside of the Sky box (in case I was taping something off Sky) in reasonable quality.

I have connected everything back up and for some reason the video doesnt change to E1 and the terrestail channels are very poor quality, and the Sky picture isnt as good as it was.

I have obviuosly got the aerials and cables the wrong way round, but the only manual I have is for the DVD:mad:

Can someone help and tell me which cables and aerials go where please.

Regards Mike

2. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    u could try this which I saw on digital forums

TV aerial coax lead to RF IN (the female socket) on VCR.
    Coax from RF OUT (the male socket) on VCR to RF IN (the female socket) on Sky digibox.
    Coax from RF1 out (a male socket) on Sky digibox to TV.
    Coax from RF2 out (the other male socket) on Sky digibox to bedroom.
    Scart cable from DVD to AV1 on TV.
    Scart cable from TV scart socket on Sky digibox to AV2 on TV.
    Scart cable from VCR scart socket on Sky digibox to VCR.

Finally (as stated above) do the Services, 401 Select procedure on the Sky digibox to check that the 9 volt power from the RF2 socket is ON

and then have a look at board

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/t/102881/ds.html

gbmitie

3. mikeinsthelens

mikeinsthelens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks mate I have sorted it now with a bit of that and a bit of my know how.

Thanks a lot. :clap: