Help required with Acer Aspire E15 problems

andyasw

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm needing assistance with the above make of laptop.

Bear in mind I'm not too computer savvy so I will need to be able to understand any advice you might give.

Firstly, the flight mode being continually on is preventing me getting any access to the internet as it continually flicks back to flight mode. I have tried all the F10 solutions that eventually require me to log in as administrator but I have lost my admin password and have been unable to reset this without any connection to the net.

I thought the best solution would be to factory reset but this too appears to require an admin password.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Hi. Welcome to the forums! Couple of questions. I want to check the basics. I take it you've done all the obvious like this? You've said you've tried the F10 stuff already but wanted to double check.

Have you installed all the latest updates for the drivers on the laptop? You can go to the Acer website to do this. Which Operating System do you have? I'm assuming it's Windows 10. Does the account you logon with have administrator privileges? Have you tried adding your account to the Administrators group on your laptop? You can check by clicking on start and typing in compmgmt.msc then go to Local Users and Groups - Groups - Administrators and then add in the account you logon with.

Did the laptop come with any installation media so you could wipe the lappy and try again?

Hi Turps,

As I'm unable to log on as the laptop can't get out of flight mode, I'm unable to do any updates!

Yes, it's Windows 10.

As the administrator password has somehow been wiped I am not able to log into my admin account. In addition the Microsoft site doesn't have me in their system as having any device registered.

I don't have any recovery disk.

Hi Turps,

As I'm unable to log on as the laptop can't get out of flight mode, I'm unable to do any updates!

Yes, it's Windows 10.

As the administrator password has somehow been wiped I am not able to log into my admin account. In addition the Microsoft site doesn't have me in their system as having any device registered.

I don't have any recovery disk.
Holy moly that's a mess. Have you got a windows 10 install DVD at all? I'm kind of curious as to how you've ended up in this pickle. So you can't even login to this laptop at all? May I ask where you got it from? Have you ever been able to login to it?

No Win10 installation disk as the laptop came with it already installed. I bought it new and did have an administrator account but for some reason the password "deleted" itself and now can't be accessed using the old password.

No Win10 installation disk as the laptop came with it already installed. I bought it new and did have an administrator account but for some reason the password "deleted" itself and now can't be accessed using the old password.
In that case things may get a bit more complex. You may need to create a bootable USB stick and install some other tools. This is of course that you have another device that you can use! There's some stuff here that you could try.

Failing that and depending on who you bought it from they may have a backdoor account that you could logon with. You could try contacting the people you got it from.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom