1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help required re Toshiba

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by BIG H, Mar 20, 2005.

1. BIG H

BIG H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I have a Toshiba 36zp18q, the set is two and a half years old and up until now I have been very happy with the it. It has now developed a problem where as it is stuck in standby mode. After many attempts it turns on but this is getting worse. When it does power up it sometimes sticks when switching from EXT 1 to EXT 2 etc, sometimes after 5 mins or so it corrects itself but more often than not I have to turn it off and then am unable to get it back on. I have been searching on the net and have read of other similar problems and have read of cases where a new microprocessor has been recommended at gbp300.00 plus.

Can anyone offer an advice I am new to this forum so apologize if this has been highlighted before. many thanks for your time.

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    There have been a few cases of this fault being caused by dry joints on two chips fitted to the Teletext circuit board.........might be worth your while phoning around some Tv repair shops in your area and asking for a quote....should be a lot cheaper than £300

3. BIG H

BIG H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi JayCee

Many thanks for your reply its much appreciated, I will ring around a few tomorrow and give it a try. I am in Hampshire so in the meantime if anyone else out there can recommend a good tv repair outfit please do so. Regards

4. 180turbo

180turbo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    BIG H,

Did you manage to get you 36ZP18Q working again, because mine has now stopped working, i get the power light on but no picture or sound?
    Thanks.

5. BIG H

BIG H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi sorry for the delay but I have been overseas. Yes i did manage to get my Tosh fixed, I took it to a local tv repair guy and it cost me just over £100.00 and has been fine eversince it was repaired. I feel it was worth the cost as in my view you have to go a long way to better the picture on a 36inch screen and it would have cost a lot more to replace the set. Not sure where you stand with your warranty but you must have some sort of come back. I am sure there will be someone on this forum better placed than I to advise. Good luck