Help Required, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by BenN29, Sep 2, 2007.

1. BenN29

BenN29

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I have just bought a new Samsung 40" LCD TV which I would like to connect to a PS3, SKY+ box and normal SKY box (for multi-room) I would like to use the PS3 for the DVD player and would like to have a new "Surround Sound" system.

I am assuming I just need an Amp and speakers to do this?
    If so, what would the best package to go for?

Any help greatly appreicated.

Is there an FAQ's section I can lok through as a I am srtuggling to navigate this forum!

Thanks
    Ben

2. xs2man

xs2man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Well, I am new to the scene aswell, and am looking for similar advice (somebody please reply to my thread, lol).

But, I think you need more information, for example, whats you budget? That would be the biggest one. There is no point in some-one saying get this amp at £1400 and these speakers at the same price, if you only wanna spend about £400.

With that infromation, you can get better advice. But remember, your always better to go demo the equipment yourself, to see how it sounds to YOU. (Unfortunatley, living in the wilds of scotland, I dont have this option :()

3. aolden

aolden
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
  4. spooney

spooney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +204
    1 banana plug, my friend. A speaker is far more expensive :D

A more serious note: Don't worry to much about on the first system you ever buy. For you it will be fantastic in any case. Just make sure it fits to your purpose e.g has all the connection options you need with at least one or two spares.
    Upgrade-itis will catch you anyway :devil:

5. neilrlsmith

neilrlsmith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    It depends on your budget. Go for the Onkyo 605 as it gives your HDMI 1.3 support (which gives you the new Dolby TrueHD and DTS-Master Audio). The PS3 is an excellent piece of kit and already supports 1.3.

As for speakers depends on budget again. Look at Keff, Monitor Audio and the ultimate in sound, Bowers and Wilkins.