1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help required on what CRT to buy

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Oves, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Oves

Oves
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to replace my old Panni 28 inch 4:3 TV, with a good widescreen TV with a Home Cinema package, and would welcome any recommendations on what to get.

My first stumbling block is whether to go for a 32 or 36 inch, would a 32 inch be smaller than my old 28?

The new Panni Tx32PD30, seems to get really got write ups in the press, but then talking to a couple of mates who have got older Sony's like the KV36FS76 and KV32FQ68 reckon the pciture on these is superb. My next question is that you can pickup the KV32FQ68 for £715, and I think the cheapest I've seen the panni for is £1098, so is the differnence in price between the 2 really worth it?

Finally if I went for the Pd30, i was looking at the Panni SCHT900, or if I bought a Sony I was looking at something like the DAVSC5, are these a good picture/sound quality?

Thanks

2. Contar

Contar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    A lot depends on how do you watch things on your TV. I have a Sony 28" TV and am also looking at upgrading very soon. I have spent just over £2500 on the sound and speakers in the last 2 years and I now want a Bigger screen. The Tx36PD30 is on my list as is the 42" panny plasma.
    If you are going for the SCHT900 or similar which does have scart and component outputs you may want a TV with component inputs. I am not sure if the above Sony has them but the PD30 definitely does. The best option you have is your own eyes that you can take to the shops and use them to make your mind for you. Go to the shops mid-week as usually there is no one else there and you can have a play around with the equipement you want to buy.
    Good Luck and Happy Hunting.