help required on setting up denon dvd1930

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by evoblade, Dec 28, 2006.

1. evoblade

evoblade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hope someone can help me. I have just purchased a Denon DV1930 and a Sharp LC32GA8E both from Richer Sounds. i have connected the DVD player to the TV with a Cambridge Audio HDMI lead. The problem is that i just cannot get a picture or sound going the HDMI route. I get an excellent picture using Scart but no matter what i try i canot get a picture using HDMI. Can anyone throw any light on this?

2. Cheekster

Cheekster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Have you pressed the HDMI button on the front of the player to select the HDMI ouput mode as I believe it's preset to "OFF" then cycles through 480P/576P/720P/1080i/1080P?

Hope that helps?

Cheekster.

3. evoblade

evoblade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Cheekster

Have pressed the button on front and have tried al scaling factors without success

Cheers

Damon

4. Redjay

Redjay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    you need to go into the setup and choose the hdmi output. I am not near my 1930 to check but i know it is in the setup.

5. evoblade

evoblade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Is this the setup in the DVD1930. I have tried everyting i can think of in the DVD setup. If you hapen to know what the sequence to set it up is, i would be most appreciative, as the instructions do not tell me much

Cheers

damon

6. Cheekster

Cheekster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Go into the "setup" menu (button on remote).

Scroll one menu to the right, "Custom".

Scroll one menu to the right, "Display Menu".

These are my settings:

TV Aspect 16:9 Wide
    Still Mode Auto
    TV Type PAL
    Video Out Component (P)
    Prog. Mode Video 1
    HDMI Select YCbCr <----- This is the one you need to set correctly
    HDMI Picture Normal

Be sure to use the "Setup" button on the remote to exit the menu and save your settings.

That should put you straight. Oh and ensure "Pure Direct" is set to off otherwise you will definately get no picture/sound via HDMI.

Cheekster.

7. evoblade

evoblade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Hi Cheekter

many thanks for the help. have run through these menus and played with settings and set the fields as per your instructions. (I assume that the use of Component P woulkd mean the use of component leads to set up the player) and still cannort get picture of sound. Could the type of HDMI lead make a difference. I am using a 2M Budget Cambridge Audio lead

8. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,074
    Whilst I do not know the TV, I'm quite sure that you'll also need to go into its set-up menu and enable HDMI.

Best of luck.

Cheers,

Martin.

9. Cheekster

Cheekster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Silly question perhaps but are you positive you have switched to the HDMI input on your Sharp LCD? If not then of course no matter what you do with via the setup settings on the Denon, you won't see any picture or hear any sound?

Once you're on the HDMI input on your Sharp and you've adjusted all the settings on the Denon player, now try pushing the "HDMI" button on the front of the player until it displays either 720P or 1080. Surely this should give you a picture?

If no joy, not sure what else to suggest other than contacting Richer Sounds in case you have a faulty unit? Would be surprised though especially as you say using a scart lead it work. :confused:

Cheekster.