Help required on how high to put the speakers and how best to mount them

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Turks, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Turks

Turks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First of all hello to all on this site,
    I am a newcomer to this game after looking for a surround sound system and being told that I was better going for an amp. I have bought a sony va555es with mj accoustics refference1 sub, b and w 601 speakers and cc6 centre speaker and canon sv-15 surround speakers. I have just read the booklet with the amp and I havent got a clue. There is some cables with the items but would I be better buying new? Anybody with any advice as how high to put the speakers and how to bracket them as I am just about to plasterboard the room and want to put the cables in before I plasterboard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Phil.

2. ChrisAV

ChrisAV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    Front speaker (left/cente/right) should ideally all be at the same height, with the tweeter at ear level when in the normal sitting positionth (though you can generally get away with centre being +/-50 cm higher/lower). Rear speakers should above ear level, probably at least 30cm, but you can mount them right up high if necessary, the amp will let you adjust distance/volume.

The dolby site demonstrates the ideal layout Dolby - Dolby Speaker Setup Guide - Speaker Placement.

Chris

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  3. Turks

Turks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that chris. You dont know of anywhere to get decent brackets for the speakers from do you? Also in my amp instructions it says to run a seperate amp to power 2 rear surround speakers, any ideas of a decent amp for that and speakers?

Phil.