1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help required on camcorder selection.

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by amancalledchip, Jun 9, 2002.

1. amancalledchip

amancalledchip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What i dont really need.

-To be able to take stills( have a digital camera)
    -To convert any old formats i have ( use video in on Gforce3 to convert video to cd)Never had a camcorder before.
    -To spend a fortune

I have for some time been looking at the Panasonic range The NvDS30B is one in particular, ( the 38b prior to that)

The NVGX7B looks very nice but has many function i believe i would not really require for the £ 300 cost difference.Anybody have any recommendations please.Or a link to a site that does reviews of units.

would be much appreciated

Many thanks
    Steve

2. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Have you had a cam before,as I don't think you'll be disapointed with any digital cam?

The same ultra compact design lower spec Panasonic GX7 ones look great to me.I've just bought the GX7 for it's ultra compact design and 1.2 MPixel stills and colour viewfinder.

Check this site out for reviews,or any of it's magazine.

3. stevie9856

stevie9856
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Be carefull about the panasonic 30b i bought it , but it did not have analogue in ..... i swapped it in the end for a sony trv 240 which had analogue in/out and pass-through ideal for my old vhs tapes.

4. stevie9856

stevie9856
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0