Help Required. No Picture, Got Sound, Got Backlight

sv2evo

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

47" Wharfedale TV. Got backlight and sounds, don't have picture. Feed has no impact, whether from HDMI, or anywhere else.

I have taken it apart, and noticed the following:

• Visual check of capacitors for bulge/leaks ok
  • Everything else as it should be

Going one step further, when I disconnect the TCON board cable and reconnect, I get the picture back perfectly for 10 seconds or so, and then it dissapears. It goes off gradually, like an invisible hand is sweeping it away.(not in a all at once fashion).

From reading online, I either need a TCON, main board, or inverters. However, I would like some help to narrow it down a bit...

:lease:

Many thanks in advance!

Report back with the number printed on the power pcb...and the model no of the Tv?

The model number is LCD47F1080P.
I am at work so can't check the power pcb number, is this significant?

Ok, will do as soon as I get home... many thanks :)

Power Supply Board is 17PW17-4

TCON is V420H1-CO7

Mobo is 17MB26-2 followed by 260207

Master Inverter is VIT70042.50 Rev3

Slave inverter is VIT70042.51 Rev3

I have measured every cable coming in to the inverter from the mobo and I get 12V on some, 3.5V-ish on others and some signal values 0.7V, 1.2V, 0.3V on others. I was under trhe impression that I should be getting 5V +-10% on one cable at least?

I am now reading that some TCON boards are indeed fed by 12V DC. It seems that the power supply is working ok and that the TCON board is suspect...?

Last edited:
If the backlight stays on that rules out the invertors.
Check C877/C878 on the psu pcb (usually 15nF/630v)...on some models these have been substituted with a single 33nf/630v cap.
you would need to measure them with a capacitance meter or just replace them if you don't have a meter.

Thanks for the comment, will do so when I get home. I am intrigued, how did you come up with the suggestion above? Is it a common fault or did you deduce it from the symptoms I have described?

sv2evo said:
Thanks for the comment, will do so when I get home. I am intrigued, how did you come up with the suggestion above? Is it a common fault or did you deduce it from the symptoms I have described?

These particular caps are known to cause problems on several variations of these Vestel power supplies...I'm not saying 100% that they'll be the cause of your fault but it's best to rule them out.
I've changed them many times on these chassis.

Tested C877 and C878 and both healthy:thumbsup:. Shame as it would have been a cheap and easy fix...

Any other ideas I can try?

Tested C877 and C878 and both healthy:thumbsup:. Shame as it would have been a cheap and easy fix...

Any other ideas I can try?
- did you manage to fix this problem? my tv has come up with the exact same issue- c788 and c877 are both fine- thanks jase.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom