• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help Required... Need to upgrade my router

M

mostwantd

Hi guys, :hiya:
Just got my sky fitted today and the router provided is RUBBISH! i need to be sat next to it for the best signal. However when i am my connection speed is fab!:smashin:

ok, so heres my problem....
I need to get a stronger router, however im not sure with SKY theres a plug and play option.

So any advice on how to change my SAGEM [email protected] 2504 to a much higher spec model. i used to use Netgear with AOL

all advice welcome
:thumbsup:

accyuklad

Banned
you need your login and pass to use other routers if you not got them then you gunna after see if you can get them off the router

beerhunter

Distinguished Member
Hi guys, :hiya:
Just got my sky fitted today and the router provided is RUBBISH! i need to be sat next to it for the best signal. However when i am my connection speed is fab!:smashin:
If that is the case then it is almost certainly not the router. You have described a classic case of interference. Try using something like Netstumbler to find out what channels are in use locally and choose one the isn't. Preferably not even next to one that is in use.

booyaka

the sagem one is an excellent router and would agree with above that i would check that no one else locally is using the same channels or alike.

Using a different router than the one sky supply is "technically" in breach of their T&C's

If you are still having problems and want to use another router, you need to extract your username and password from the sagem router.

That is fairly simple if needed.

https://www.cm9.net/skypass/

and follow the instructions.

I would suggest sticking with your sagem router as it's very good when working correctly.

steve69

Established Member
yes i agree with the above, it could be something as simple as a video sender or something like that. i cannot get on the net if my sender is on, but if its turned off then i can go all over the house and get a great signal

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom