1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help required in selecting my LCD TV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by asmith2002, Jul 26, 2005.

1. asmith2002

asmith2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking at replacing my bedroom TV (21" Toshiba) with an LCD TV. I have a limited budget of around £250.00 and have selected a few units I have seen. I no very little about LCD's so would like some advice on which unit would be best suited to my needs. I will be connecting the TV to my Xbox which I watch DVD's through as well as play games and will also connect it to a portable electric aerial for watching terrestial TV.

The units I have been looking at are:

Diboss LT17FLF or DLF 17" Widescreen LCD TV
    Relisys 17" Widescreen LCD TV
    Samsung SM710MP 17" 4:3 LCD TV
    Goodmans LD1701 17" 4:3 LCD TV

Which of these TV's would be best suited to my needs and I would also welcome any more suggestions for where the best place to buy LCD TV's from

2. benwong

benwong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm.. if you could double your budget, there's some very tastey 26" HD ready screens around the £500 mark...

Ben

3. SteveW70

SteveW70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the Forum :)

Any of these will be fine for playing DVD's but I'm a bit worried about the mention of a portable aerial. :(
    LCD's can show stunning pictures from a good source but are notorious for showing up a bad signal. You might find that Terestrial TV is unwatchable from a portable Aerial.

4. gaz@manc

gaz@manc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which models? I've been lookin on the highstreet recently and some of the rpices are ridiculous, esp in Dixons.

5. eghhpeter

eghhpeter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm totally confused !!!!
    The more I delve into review sites etc. the more I get confused. For example "Which" magazine in the Uk states different to many other sites (who don't even mention Panasonic) So which sites are biased ????
    I'm thinking of a 37 or 40 Inch Full HD to link up with my new Onkya AV Amp?

Also some state Plasma is better ? But others say LCD is now better ???

I liked the old Panasonic LZD800 (which I could purchase) but have the new models improved etc. ?