1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help required from a friendly plasterer

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by SillySausage, Oct 17, 2005.

1. SillySausage

SillySausage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    After finally deciding to move house, I took the plasma off the wall this weekend.

Trouble is my plastering skills are pants, and the wall where the screen was anchored to is now a mess. :eek:

It is a dot n dab plasterboard or whatever it's called, and basically I cut a section out and mounted mdf to the blocks behind, the mounted the plasma to that.

Now I have plastered over the whole lot, including the channel were I cut to drop in the wires, but it looks a real mess and I can't get it right.

Is their anybody in the Leicester area who is good with plaster and can offer me some advice and assistance. :lease:

Mods, please move this if it is in the wrong section.

Cheers,
    Adam.

2. john.-h123

john.-h123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    put some pictures on i will look and see if i can advise. i am in sheffield too busy and far away to help manually but will advise, will not use this forum to pick up work anyway its not what its for?

3. SillySausage

SillySausage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Problem now solved.

Found out I was plastering all wrong and their actually a knack to doing it properly. :suicide:

However, in the meantime, the missus has got a guy who lives down the road to sort it out.

So for 20 quid she got a plasterer to come out and do it between jobs. :clap:

Goes to show, if you want a job doing right, get the OH to sort it.... lol..