• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help required connecting up system

stred

Standard Member
Hi all,

I have just bought a Samsung LE40N87BDX LCD TV and also a Samsung Digital home cinema system HT-X30.

Am i right connecting up my HT-X30 to LCD TV via HDMI cable

And do i need to connect my SKY+ to TV via scart lead or do i need a different type of cable? if scart is used which EXT on tv do i use?
1 RGB or 2AV?

Also do i need to connect my sky+ to the HT-X30 aswell? ifso is it with a scart lead or a optical cable?

Hope this makes sense.

Im finding this confusing as im not too clude up on things like this.:confused:

Regards

stred

D

Deleted member 30535

(1) HDMI is the preferred connection for your DVD/TV
(2) Scart is the correct method for Sky+ and the RGB version (make sure Sky+ is set to output RGB)
(3) Sky+ has an optical output for multi channel sound, so use that to your HT-X30 if you can.

MitsiTurbo

Youre right with the first bit, connect the home cinema system to the LCD with HMDI. Connect the Sky+ box to the LCD using AV1 (RGB). Ensure at the Sky box end, it is connected to the TV output and not the video. Also, ensure that the output is set to RGB not PAL on the system setup screen (this is on the Sky box). You will probably want a decent fully wired Scart lead, something like a QED Sqart AV2110 reference. That all depends on your budget though. Finally, for audio connect using the optical cable which you seem to have already sussed. Ensure that on the sound settings screen of the sky box that the output is set to Dolby D.

Hope this helps!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom