1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Requested- regarding RGB

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by TheJollyCorner, Apr 18, 2005.

1. TheJollyCorner

TheJollyCorner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for taking the time to read a 'noobs' HELP thread :D

So I'll get right to the chase:

I live in the US and I just imported DOSHIN THE GIANT (PAL version), due to hearing that it runs at 60hz... on top of having a FreeLoader, I was told I'd have 'no problems'.

Well, true, it runs just fine... but it's in black/white. I have an Advent HDTV, progressive scan support and have heard from a friend who lives in Sweden that there's a possibility that a RGB scart cable might do the trick in getting the color back, but he's not sure.

Anyone have any advice for me and/or been in a similar situation?
    Before anyone cracks any Doshin jokes, I should point out I am a big fan of the designers prior games (i.e. Tail of the Sun and Aquanaut's Holiday).

Again, thank you very much. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Zacabeb

Zacabeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    The problem is you're getting a PAL signal, whose color signal cannot be decoded by your TV. It's only letting the black-and-white part of the signal through.

An RGB SCART cable won't do you any good as it requires a SCART input. The only way to go would be to use component video cables, as I assume you're using composite or S-video now. This may or may not solve the problem, as the GameCube may output an RGBS signal in PAL games, which the component inputs on your TV would not accept.

If you're already using component cables, I guess the output of the GameCube switches to a different output mode when running a PAL version game. I don't know what could be done about that.

3. TheJollyCorner

TheJollyCorner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    to be honest, I'm not even using any fancy cables (nice waste of HD, huh? :D).

So would you recommend me getting some high-end component cables? Even if it doesn't work on Doshin, it should enhance my screen resolution, no?

4. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    Certainly get yourself some component video cables for your cube, the picture is much much better with them and as zacabeb says it may give you a colour picture from doshin as well.

5. danvitale

danvitale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    I highly recommend anyone using a console to use component cables if possible.. and if they have multiple consoles to use a component switcher (theres one at Lik Sang for £15 with is non-AC and very good).

I switched from Scart to component on my PS2 the other day (I already have component by Soft Modding my Xbox) and the difference was staggering.