Help request setting 7.2.4 dolby atmos in attic room

Marius JFK

Novice Member
Hello guys,

My name is Marius and i m new here,but hope to learn more of you and help me with my new project (home cinema / theater room).
First of all my room is some kind of atipical when we talk about size,because is situated in an attic and the roof is getting bigger and bigger from the sides to top.

My room size is : 24ft (724cm) LONG , 16,7ft (511cm) WIDE and 8.5ft (260cm) HIGH but unfortunately not the whole room is wide 8.5ft,in the rigth the way i m looking to the screen is 6.7 ft(204cm),and i have a big problem how do i place the atmos celling speakers on the axe with the front speakers.It is any solution to put them
I dicided to an 130 inch screen projector (and make a faux wall to hide to front speackers Klipsch 8000f,the center also klipsch 504c,subwoofer klipsch SPL 120).

The surround klipsch RP 502S,back wall klipsch RP 600M,and the 4x ATMOS speakers also KLIPSCH PRO 180 RPC”..

The projector BENQ W5700
Reciver Marantz SR8015..
Hope to hear news from you guys regarding the equipment and the room setting.

I appreciate all your effort to writing me back in advance,and hope to solve this situation because i m new in this and also a big movie and best quality sound fan.

wish you all the best and stay healty.

ps: in the attach is a picture from the back of the to the center of room w

Attachments

• 5EFEC83E-D142-4DF2-9CAE-0480DD98E016.jpeg
    5EFEC83E-D142-4DF2-9CAE-0480DD98E016.jpeg
    292.3 KB · Views: 48

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Hello guys,

My name is Marius and i m new here,but hope to learn more of you and help me with my new project (home cinema / theater room).
First of all my room is some kind of atipical when we talk about size,because is situated in an attic and the roof is getting bigger and bigger from the sides to top.

My room size is : 24ft (724cm) LONG , 16,7ft (511cm) WIDE and 8.5ft (260cm) HIGH but unfortunately not the whole room is wide 8.5ft,in the rigth the way i m looking to the screen is 6.7 ft(204cm),and i have a big problem how do i place the atmos celling speakers on the axe with the front speakers.It is any solution to put them
I dicided to an 130 inch screen projector (and make a faux wall to hide to front speackers Klipsch 8000f,the center also klipsch 504c,subwoofer klipsch SPL 120).

The surround klipsch RP 502S,back wall klipsch RP 600M,and the 4x ATMOS speakers also KLIPSCH PRO 180 RPC”..

The projector BENQ W5700
Reciver Marantz SR8015..
Hope to hear news from you guys regarding the equipment and the room setting.

I appreciate all your effort to writing me back in advance,and hope to solve this situation because i m new in this and also a big movie and best quality sound fan.

wish you all the best and stay healty.

ps: in the attach is a picture from the back of the to the center of room w

Cancel the SPL-120 subwoofer in your order! Avstore has SVS PB2000 on sale for 3000RON. One or two of these will wipe the floor with SPL-120 and be much better purchase for your room size in mind. Also as this is more dedicated room you want the best subwoofer possible, the Klipsch sub will leave you bit underwhelmed as the rest of system looks great! Two woofers should be your aim, if not right away then later. There is no requirement for the woofer needing to be from same brand as speakers! The Pro model is great option if you can afford it. PB3000 even better!

As for the vaulted ceiling and Atmos speakers check this thread which has few pictures.

Marius JFK

Novice Member
Cancel the SPL-120 subwoofer in your order! Avstore has SVS PB2000 on sale for 3000RON. One or two of these will wipe the floor with SPL-120 and be much better purchase for your room size in mind. Also as this is more dedicated room you want the best subwoofer possible, the Klipsch sub will leave you bit underwhelmed as the rest of system looks great! Two woofers should be your aim, if not right away then later. There is no requirement for the woofer needing to be from same brand as speakers! The Pro model is great option if you can afford it. PB3000 even better!

As for the vaulted ceiling and Atmos speakers check this thread which has few pictures.
Hello again,

Thanks for all your support in advance.I ve made a decission and i ve just buy 2X SVS PB 3000 instead the klipsch spl 120,and when i tested in the store you were right,they sound much much better then SPL 120 ...Regarding the reciver i have buy the Denon 8500h,and now i m wonder what amp do i need (one or two),and i am asking an advice.

Hope to get news from you soon.

Wish you a great day.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-01-23 at 11.08.40.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-01-23 at 11.08.40.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 29

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Hello again,

Thanks for all your support in advance.I ve made a decission and i ve just buy 2X SVS PB 3000 instead the klipsch spl 120,and when i tested in the store you were right,they sound much much better then SPL 120 ...Regarding the reciver i have buy the Denon 8500h,and now i m wonder what amp do i need (one or two),and i am asking an advice.

Hope to get news from you soon.

Wish you a great day.

Hi,

Congrats for new toys! Great choice, you won´t be disappointed with those SVS just need to place them optimally in your room and setup correctly. SVS has great support which will help you 24/7. This is why SVS is one of the most popular companies year after year.

X8500H should have plenty of power to run your 7.2.4 system which is based on the efficient Klipsch system! At least don´t buy anything (extra amps) yet before living with it for while. You will run the Audussey setup and set all speaker size small. Start with 80hz crossovers for the speakers, make sure to bump them as they are most likely lower than that after running setup. Set both subs to 75db via on-screen when it asks to do so.

Read these links also starting with subwoofer placement:

Speaker positioning and angles, scroll all the way down to see from each direction:

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom